The Soundtrack of My Youth

Friday, March 31, 2006

Budgie - In for the Kill (1974)



Leo (God bless his soul!) was really hung up on the Welsh metal trio Budgie, and bought all of their early LPs, including this third album. Though I liked their often ripping, raw-edged music, I could never get used to lead singer Burke Shelley's off-tunish banshee voice.

Still, I must confess that the sheer sonic assault of 'In for the Kill', the band's heaviest and most enduring effort, has hardly dulled through the decades.

2 Comments:

At 4:20 AM, Blogger Homie Bear said...

I only know them from the two killer Metallica covers, Breadfan and, uh, I forget the other one.

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Effie said...

i just love your taste in music but most of all i love the story that goes with each one.

hatchetface

 

Post a Comment

<< Home