The Soundtrack of My Youth

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Pink Floyd - Wish Your Were Here (1975)



I'm probably in the minority, but I believe 'Dark Side of the Moon' is a bit overrated. It never made much of an impression on me the first time I heard it in the '70s (listening to the album, I often ended up scratching my head trying to figure out why it was so rabidly hyped!), and it doesn't impress me now.

I'll take 'Wish You Were Here' over it anytime, though my main reason for liking this space-rock showcase is Richard Wright's stratospheric synth solo on 'Welcome to the Machine'.

2 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this group and this album!
Greetings.

RObert.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Sanjeev said...

yeah RS...i agree with you....DSOTM is over-rated. WYWH sends chills down my spine evrytime i hear it....So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell...,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home